Friday, April 26, 2013

$100 on What?!

Did I really just spend $100 on diapers and wipes?  You do realize that is $1200 over the next year?  You do realize that you could have spent that money on a trip to somewhere...anywhere.  You do realize that $100 dollars worth of diapers and wipes also means roughly 30 hours of your life spent changing those 350 diapers that came in those two boxes. 

Yes.  I realize it.  I often think of the quote by Anne Campbell.

“You are the trip I did not take, you are the pearls I could not buy,
you are my blue Italian lake, you are my piece of foreign sky.

You are my Honolulu moon, you are the book I did not write,
you are my heart's unuttered tune, you are a candle in my night.

You are the flower beneath the snow, in my dark sky a bit of blue,
answering disappointment's blow with "I am happy! I have you!”


I realize it.  On the fifth baby I weighed all the pros and cons of having another baby in our home.  In the end...David, I am happy I have you.  Nothing else even compares.

2 comments:

McMurtrey said...

So well put. Although I am looking forward to no more diapers someday. Not yet, but someday.

Jet said...

Beautiful poem!

Make sure you do a price comparison w/ Amazon's Subscribe & Save: http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=2965621011

I wish we had done the program right from the get-go w/ the twins--would've saved some money and also I like how they deliver, so you don't ever have to go to the store.